The Cloncha Cross is also called St. Buadan’s Cross. He was a Saint with close associations with the village of Culdaff in Inishowen, Co. Donegal.
The Cross forms part of the complex of an ancient monastic site that flourished in the sixth century.
This is one of the tallest stone crosses in Ireland with a height of 4 metres and has carvings on both the West and East faces.
Within the complex there is a church that was in use until 1827.
A beautifully carved Grave slab lies within its walls.
All images, graphics, and content on these pages unless stated are © Copyright John Quigley 2017